Tuesday, January 23, 2007

PINK! PINK! PINK!

I was mean, I know, so...

We are pink!

For those of you who don't know the significance of being "pink", at the end of a Guatemalan adoption, the US Embassy issues a pink slip, which is your approval to travel to Guatemala to pick up your baby! We received notification that we are pink today.

We fly out at 6 am on Friday and Harrison will be in our arms by 2 pm. We will spend the weekend bonding, and have our Embassy appointment on Monday morning. Tuesday afternoon we will receive his visa, and we head home Wednesday morning.

I am so excited, I can hardly believe it is actually finally happening. Just 2 weeks shy of the 2 year anniversary of making the decision to adopt, our son will be home.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pink is beautiful! Happy travels!!

PJ Academy said...

Praise the Lord!!! I'm so happy for you!!! Can't wait to see pics with his mommy and daddy =)

I will keep you in my prayers this weekend - safe travels!!!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

YEAH!!!!!! CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!!!! I'm so happy it's finally here!!! Have a wonderful weekend with your baby boy, and safe travels. Love, Jennie

P.S. - It was so good having you both over for dinner. I really had a great time. Glad we finally made it happen. XOXO

S.A.Steitz (Henry) said...

Awesome....Totally Awesome.
I'm so proud of you guys. You are going to be great parents. May the continue to bless you and keep you safe in your travels. I love you guys.
Henry

Mrs John T said...

I am in tears...!
XOXO
Mandy