Wednesday, March 07, 2007

What Have I Done To Deserve This?

My husband loves to change diapers. Go ahead and re-read that sentence if you need to. It's true. And not just any diapers, we use cloth diapers. I find this as hard to believe as you do, so let me explain my discovery.

Every night when my dh gets home from work, he asks me if the baby needs to be changed. I say yes, and off they go. Then again about 10 minutes into dinner, he will turn to Harrison and say, "Daddy is going to change you after dinner." I would just think, he is so sweet to want to give me a break.

Until... the other night my mother-in-law called to talk with her son. While he was talking, I noticed Harry was a little stinky and took him upstairs for a change. A minute later, Tim walked in, still on the phone, made a sad face and left. I didn't think much of it. But I noticed he was sort of grumpily pouting later in the night. When I asked what was wrong, I discovered my beloved was upset that I changed the munchkin's diaper. Evidently, once dh gets home from work diapers are "his job!"

I suppose, as a god-fearing wife, it is my duty to submit.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, you CERTAINLY don't want to deprive him of something he likes to do. It's all about sacrifce! :-)

S.A.Steitz (Henry) said...

No comment

PJ Academy said...

You are right you have to submit!! =)

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Yes, by all means submit on this one!!!! :) ~Amy Crawford

I WOULD GATHER CHILDREN said...

submit girl, submit.