Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Just call me Mrs. Esquire

Well, it is official. As of 1:45 pm today Tim is an attorney.

There was a nice swearing in ceremony at the Maryland Court of Appeals. The courtroom was gorgeous, and six judges presided, decked out in the traditional garb. I wish I had brought my camera, but typically cameras aren't allowed in courtrooms, so we didn't bring one. (Of course they made an exception today.)

The speaker was the president of the Maryland Women's Bar Association. Then, the judge from our county spoke briefly about Margaret Brent, the first female attorney in the US, who happened to live and practice in Maryland. So all in all, it was a bit feminism heavy for the likes of me. But the judge did end his speech with a bit of sage advice for the new attorneys. "Never, ever, (dramatic pause) drink White Zinfandel. Life's too short to drink bad wine."

Then the candidates took their oaths and finally were pronounced attorneys. I cried. Tim has worked so long and hard for this, and it has finally happened. His dedication to this goal has been so inspiring, and over the past 3 1/2 years he has truly become my hero. I have never worked with such resolve for anything. I am daily challenged by the life I have watched him lead, and I pray, by the grace of God, I will be a fitting helpmate for him.

Thank you Lord, for my amazing, hard working man!

4 comments:

S.A.Steitz (Henry) said...

Congrates Tim, I too am very proud of you and wish you guys the best.
I guess you could say that your my hero too. I love you buddy.

Anonymous said...

How awesome! I’m so pleased for your family!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH Timmy!!!! I am so excited! I cannot believe NO pictures...UGH! After our hard drive experience, I have such pity for that! I am so excited for what God has for you guys! Love you both so much!!!!!

fiaschetti said...

I am SOOOO with that judge. White Zin should be banned from serious wine cabinets in favor of real reds that are dry with a good finish--hopefully with berries or pepper as the finish.
Char--didn't realize you had a blog til I stumbled on it from Mandy's. yea! So glad Harrison's coming home!!