Friday, December 15, 2006

At Last...


I would have to say, last night was by far the hardest since this process started. Rock bottom! A night of agony, a lot of tears, crying out to God.

I woke up exhausted, went to a celebration Tim's boss threw to celebrate Tim's swearing in, came home and Tim and I crashed. We went to bed at 3:00 PM. We were both exhausted in every possible way. Just before 6, Tim got up and asked me if I was just going to sleep til morning. I thought "Yeah, til Tuesday or Wednesday morning," but we were interrupted by the phone.

It was our agency. Today Harrison was declared legally our son by the Guatemalan government! The longest and most dreaded part of the adoption is over. HE IS OURS!!!! We should bring him home the first week in February.

I waited patiently for the Lord;
he inclined to me and heard my cry.
He drew me up from the pit of destruction,
out of the miry bog,
and set my feet upon a rock,
making my steps secure.
He out a new song in my mouth,
a song of praise to our God.
many will see and fear,
and put their trust in the Lord.
~Psalm 40:1-3

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

WHOO-HOO!!! We are so happy for you guys!!

XOXO
Love,
Josh

S.A.Steitz (Henry) said...

Hell (i mean heck) YEAH !!! Finally, Lil-Apple is yours. What a week you have had. Quick, go buy a lotto ticket.
Love you guys
CONGRATES

Mrs John T said...

YEA BABY!!! I am so excited for you, all THREE of you! Youre a FAMILY now! Start reading your books and packing your bags!!!
MUCH LOVE AND TONS OF HUGS AND KISSES!!!! Its over!!!
John and Mandy

Anonymous said...

I got big tears in my eyes reading your post....I'm so thrilled for you!! What a big Christmas gift!!

Oh and we got out on 12/19/05 and our pick up date was 1/20/06….so get ready it may come faster than you think!!

Anonymous said...

YEAH!! Celebrating with you!! Can't wait to hear that you are finally pink! Tanner's crib mate is coming home!

Kelly

PJ Academy said...

Yeah yeah yeah!!!! I'm so happy for you guys!!!! How exciting!!!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Ok, so I am walking around Walmart tonight getting last minute stuff (Shaye~who's birthday is in 2 days had one present...I hate having to be *even*;) and crying thinking about Harry! Seriously, by myself, in a Michigan Walmart, crying about Harry!
God help me, but I am so THRILLED!!!
So bummed my allie call didn't work. Such a man of steel you have!;)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

Hi there.
Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog. Very fun to find out who is reading! :) And double the fun to find out that you're adopting from AGCI... and this sweet boy in the picture is your SON! :) YIPPEEEE! He is VERY cute, and very soon to be home with you, from the sounds of it! :)
I can tell you're a kindred spirit so I'll be checking back!
~Stacy