Thursday, December 14, 2006

Be Still My Soul

Be Still, my soul: the Lord is on thy side,
Bear patiently the cross of grief or pain.
Leave to thy God to order and provide;
In every change, He faithful will remain.
Be still my soul: thy best, thy heavenly Friend,
Through thorny ways leads to a joyful end.


This beautiful hymn was written in 1752 by Katharina von Schlegel and translated into English in 1855 by Jane Borthwick. And yet it is searingly relevant to my life in 2006. Never has a song so summed up what I am feeling, as this does today.

3 comments:

Mrs John T said...

Oh sweetie I am hurting with you!! I am sending HUGS your way today!!! With love,
Mandy

Anonymous said...

I am praying for you today too!

Sarah

Mrs John T said...

I am patiently waiting to see a certain announcement....