Tuesday, March 17, 2009

I've been...

I haven't had much time to write over the past week or so, but in a effort to be a better blogger, I thought I'd keep y'all caught up on my life.

So I've been...

reading: Romans

listening to: Chris Rice, Peace Like A River: The Hymns Project

watching: Madagascar, Harry thinks he is Alex the Lion

enjoying: constant baby motion, she is so active

feeling: better, definitely more good days than bad

craving: hot dogs with French's yellow mustard, in normal life I consume neither of those things

fretting about: my son's behavior

learning: great child training principles, the Ted Tripp series at Resurgence is AMAZING!

debating: girl names, why can't we just find one we both love? Here's the current list: Claudia, Naomi, Genevieve, Juliette. Recently booted: Elisabeth, Violet and sadly, Lola.

keeping busy with: nesting big time... thrown out tons of junk, painted lots of walls and made my honey move lots of furniture

encouraged by: God's work in our church. The leadership group has been meeting regularly to go over a fantastic series called "From Embers to a Flame" and there is such an expectancy among us.

praying for: Abby, a sweet little girl adopted from the same orphanage as Harrison, who is fighting for her life in a battle with Leukemia.

overwhelmed by: the sheer volume of work Tim and I need to do before this baby comes! We need at least 12 good weekends where we are free to work, we have have about 4. I have NO IDEA how we will get it all done and keep up with all our commitments.

leaving for: Florida on Wednesday! I am taking Harrison to see his grandparents for a week. Tim will fly in for the weekend. (Pray I can enjoy the break and not spend the whole time fretting about what we are not getting done at home.)


I could expound on so many of these topics, but for now this post will have to do. Hopefully, there will be plenty of free time for posting by the pool (complete with virgin dacquiri) in just a few days! :) A girl can dream, right?

4 comments:

Renee said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Genevieve!!! That name is in one of the books Nik and I are reading...or...maybe some other child, but anyway, I LOVE saying that name! Plus, short she would be called Viv (cute) or Jenny (which isn't horrible~shhh~hehe). Claudia is pretty, but only if people CALL her Claudia (and they won't...) Claud is NOT pretty! but if you name her that I will always call her claudia;) Like the other names as well, those were the only ones I had an opinion on;) 6 votes for Genevieve (i will have to learn how to spell it..) because I speak for my family~hehehe
xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxxooxoxoxoxo

Stacy said...

Charlotte,
This was fun to read.
You have great taste in girl names. You'll settle on one... eventually! :)
And if you ever want to "talk" about your son's behavior, feel free to email. We could commiserate together.

~Stacy

Samantha said...

We can't decide on a girls name either. Or more acurately can't AGREE on one! =)

stella g. said...

good luck with the names. we've just started and are getting no where. i like your list. it's a good way to catch us up.